SC - Re: Vivendier

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Oct 7 14:47:10 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/7/98 9:56:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
g.walli at infoengine.com writes:

<<
 Good grief! Have I been laboring under false assumptions all
 this time and avoiding the Scully books for no reason? >>

IMO, Scully relays some very useful info. Certainly better than Fabulous
Feasts. I bought 2 of his books at War and enjoyed reading them a lot. The
'errors' are obvious enough that most students of cookery will recognize them
at a glance. His chapter detailing a day in the life of Master Chiquart in
'Early French Cookery' is worth the price alone.

As with any work dealing with any number of subjects Scully's are no worse and
in many ways far better than some of the trash that passes for 'scholarly'
tomes.  I recommend purchase. :-)

Ras