SC - OT - Modern American Food Trends

needlwitch@msn.com needlewitch at email.msn.com
Thu Oct 8 21:51:30 PDT 1998

- -----Original Message-----
From: Cathy Harding <charding at nwlink.com>
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Thursday, October 08, 1998 7:10 PM
Subject: Re: SC - OT - Modern American Food Trends

>I am the only one of three daughters who is food adventurous.  I have tried
>every thing that is put infront of me - whale meat, muktuk, moose, seal
>oil, (I did turn down Stinky fish heads - a delicacy in some of the Y-K
>Delta villages in Alaska, botulism possibilities).

Hear, Hear. I came from a family that was a firm believer in you eat what is
set in front of you. Unfortuneatly, my mom can't cook, which is why I do-
both at home and on the job. I have come through that experience with the
knowledge that you don't know till you try it, whether you will like it.
After four years of military travel, I have been able to put this theory to
the test many times, and have never really regretted it. (well, maybe the
dog stew, just a little. But it was good.)
With out adventure in our eating, we would all be eating at, GAK, Denny's,
and thinking it was the best food around.
Thorbjorn the Cook
Shittemwoode/Antir
{Northwest Washington}

"Life is a test. Life is only a test. If this had been a real Life,
you would have been given instructions on where to go
and what to do."