SC - Period weddings

Diana Skaggs upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Oct 9 08:12:54 PDT 1998

     I attended my first period wedding last weekend.  The couple in question
     enjoy living in period, so I didn't think it unusual for them to want a
     period wedding.  They did their research on customs of their times.
     Bartering for the bride was handled on Saturday evening (although I didn't
     get to attend, I understand the bride price had to be reduced because the
     bride kept eating the "coin of the realm") They wed on Sunday morning. All
     who attended were invited to brunch.  Although it was held at an event, it
     was kept separate. (I did ask the clergyman if the vows were mundanely
     binding. <big, evil leering grin>.

     Members of the couple's family were supplied with garb, if they chose to
     wear it.  I was approached by the grandfather of the bride after the
     service.  He was impressed with the service, especially the live music
     provided by the infinitely talented Mooneschadowe musicians.  If asked,
     I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

     Leanna of Sparrowhaven
     Mooneschadowe Musician (violin & viola)
     Mooneschadowe, Ansteorra