SC - meat days and fast days - MIXED?

kat kat at kagan.com
Fri Oct 9 13:35:10 PDT 1998

Yes!  If no one else mentions this...

In my recent "Above/Below the Salt" feast I got the idea for serving separate dishes to the vegetarians from a group of actual period menus that are printed in the back pages of Cindy Renfrew's 1000 Eggs, Vol. II.

Several of them, including a birthday feast for the Bishop of Bath & Welles or some such (don't have source book at work, sorry for inexact ref.) have a separate "fish day" menu that was served only to the clergy; right alongside a "meat day" menu served *at the same time* to everyone else.

I therefore carefully disguised my "veggie" menu as "For the Clergy and Other Pious Souls" or some such.

Yep!  It's period!  :-)

	- kat