Food fights at feasts was...Re: SC - Decline in members signing up for feast.... Opinions?

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Fri Oct 9 21:20:35 PDT 1998

Oh my gosh!!!!!
AM here....

we do the "polite food fight" here too. I wonder if it evolved
independantly in both places? We often will "hire" messengers. Small dainty
dishes are packed especially for this. Often the food will become altered,
ie a mini subtlty, if you will.

my favorites have included the anatomically correct dough boy made out of
squishy bread (sent to a lady having marital problems who made it look even
MORE like her ex by lopping off choice bits!), and the norse longship
complete with oars that became engulfed by a giant squid made of green
beans (we had to do something with them...they were OOP. you didnt expect
us to eat them, did you!?)

I find it fascinating that in Adamantius neck of the woods they do this
too! and I thought it was something that we came up with all on our own :)
about five years ago!!

- --Anne-Marie
Madrone/An Tir
Seattle/WA