SC - Uncooked Chicken

Dottie Elliott difirenze at usa.net
Sat Oct 10 07:18:30 PDT 1998

>I made that suggestion once, and as I recall, I was just about stoned for it
>(cooking ahead and reheating).  Many people have the "if it spends too
>much time
>in transfer from place A to place B" terrors because of their experiences.  I
>believe the answer that was deemed most acceptable was boiling the
>chicken, then
>baking it.  I personally don't see anything wrong with the cooking ahead
>thing,
>but lets not start that fight again either.

I use freezers and coolers to protect the foods I cook ahead of time and
Simple common sense. Although my barony is large, I am never assured of
more than 3-4 people to help in the kitchen, unfortunately.  I simply
can't do the feasts I would like with that few people so I cook ahead and
freeze and borrow coolers (plus the 2 normal and 1 gigantic I have) to
transport the food.  I do some food ahead and some on site as it makes
sense. Quite often, too, we cook full feasts at camping sites with no
facilities (sometimes not even water is provided) and I always cook that
food ahead of time as well.

Clarissa