SC - chopsticks use?

R. Trigg rtrigg at hoflink.com
Sun Oct 11 10:12:47 PDT 1998

Karen said in Re: SC - chopsticks use? at Oct/10/1998, Sat 09:49:19.

> As an addendum to my previous story, when my daughter was having
> trouble with the chopsticks, the cook excused himself for a moment,
> and came back with some "trainer" chopsticks for her.  Basically they
> were the same break-apart chopsticks, but he had added a small roll of
> paper between them near the top, and a rubberband at the top holding
> the two together, making more of a tweezers sort of thing.  She was
> delighted.  Has anyone else seen this before?
>
> Tyrca

My husband and I have seen it, both in my father-in-law's house and my
brother-in-law's house. I have also seen it mentioned on (I think) "When
East Meets West" on the Food Channel.

Gospozha Nostas'ia Stepanova
Barony of Ponte Alto, Atlantia
(Alexandria, VA)