SC - A Few questions

Maynard, Steven SMaynard at qtrndss1.telstra.com.au
Sun Oct 11 21:33:00 PDT 1998

Greetings All,
		Forgive my ignorance, but I have just few questions I hope
the list can answer.

1) I've heard (seen?) "The Miscellany" mentioned on the list a lot, could
some one please explain this=-)

2) I there was a receipe on this list a few days ago for an apple and spice
loaf.  Being historically ignorant when it comes to food, is there any
chance that something like this could have been done in England between 1066
& 1135?

3) I'm in the process of trying to put a menu for a feast (the first I've
actually organised the catering for) and I'm tring to keep it as acurate to
late 11th/early 12th century England as possible. I have for some easy meaty
receipes (documentable), but we have some vegetarians(?sp) in our group. My
problems are (i) can any one  give me (or direct me to) some reciepes for a
vegtable stewy type dish (one of my other reciepes is a mutton stew) (ii) I
need to if a quichey type dish my wife makes ( it's a mixture of egg, cheese
and ham and some herbs) is likely to have been used in this period and place
(iii) if so then what about without the ham. (iv) can anyone help me with a
sweet afters dish that could have done. (v) is there a "coffee" like drink
that would have been used during this period. (ie. not minted water.)

Well I think thats everything, any help greatly appreciated.
William=-)