SC - Food fights at feasts - Lochac Treb...

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Mon Oct 12 23:32:52 PDT 1998

> Maynard, Steven wrote:
> >
> > I recently heard of a gentle in Lochac being given a court Barony
> for
> > suppling the queen with a miniature siege engine (I think it was a
> > trebauche(?sp)) so that she could fire small bread pieces. Some the
> other
> > Lochac people on the list may be able to fill in the details.
> >
> > Willism=-)

I forwarded this to my Baron who is I believe the only recipient of a
Trebuchant from Baron Humphrey.  He replied ....

I thought that Humphrey's Court Barony was for entertaining and helping
the King and Queen, throughout festival.  As far as I know he didn't
provide her/them with a table top siege engine.

I have a Trebuchget provided by Humphrey and I must admit that it is a
good and fun thing.  Although I await the day that some other noble
turns up at a big event with another siege engine so we can have a bit
	of a play.

	Mel again:

	I must admit, playing with the thing really helped while away
the hours at May Coronet this year.  One of the major points of interest
was finding a prjectile that the kitchen crew would allow us to use.  We
ended up with small wads of bread.  Baron Stephen got quite accurate
too, and the Prince borrowed it during the feast that night if I recall