SC - allergy-kit MORE questions

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Tue Oct 13 04:15:36 PDT 1998

You need a prescription from a physician to get one.  And I am not sure if they
will prescribe one for 'serious swelling' of an extremity. This is usually used
for people that have severe anaphylactic reactions to things (face and throat
swelling--thus severe problems with breathing).    I would recommend asking your
family doctor about it.

Meadhbh

CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/13/98 6:15:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time, meadhbh at io.com
> writes:
>
> > The kit consists of an 'epi-pen' it allows someone to self inject themselves
> >  with epinephrine in case of exposure to an allergen. This helps prevent
> > serious or lethal reactions to something a person is allergic.
>
> Where does one find such a thing? My Lady is allergic to bee sting, so far the
> swelling has confined itself to the first joint. She doesn't like Doctors and
> I've been trying to get her to get something to deal with it before it spreads
> further. Is it possible to order such a thing without her knowledge and keep
> it on hand?
>
> Corwyn
> Kingdom of Atlantia
> Barony of Nottinghill Coill