SC - allergy-kit questions

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Tue Oct 13 11:10:55 PDT 1998

stefan,

i have a violent allery to fresh pineapple.  it closes my throat and i
cannot breath.  i do not carry an Ana-Kit, but instead carefully avoid
pineapple in all forms - even though cooked pineapple will only make my
mouth break out and leave me wheezing.  Most people refer to an Ana-Kit as
a "bee-sting" kit.  It has a strong antihistimine administered by needle.
you need a prescription to get one.  They work not only for bee-stings but
for most other violent allergic reactions.  I doubt that a doctor would
simply prescribe one to keep around at feasts, or that we really want the
liability of deciding to use one without actually knowing what is wrong
with the person.

elaina