SC - The High Cost of Feasts/Events

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Oct 13 14:49:37 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/13/98 1:41:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Marian.DeBorah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu writes:

<< Looking over this whole thread, I can't, for the life of me, understand why
 people are complaining about spending $15-$20 on a 3+ course meal with
 entertainment.

 Please! >>

The irony is that they are spending not the amount you specify per person but
merely an average of 5 dollars per person for a 12 dish gourmet meal which, in
a lot of cases, has never been tasted by man for at least 400 years.  Now,
personally, I think that 5 dollars for such an experience is extraordinarily
INEXPENSIVE. I would like to see the same person spend 5 dollars  for a total
of 12 menu items from any restaurant in the world. :-0

For instance the Silver Rhyll event feast has a menu of at least 13 dishes for
minuscule fee of 5 bucks per person. :-)
.
Here is a conjectural cost based on current commercial prices at an average
restaurant>

1st Service
Bread- 1.25      Pumpkin Soup- . 95      Brood-    . 95     Cecil (Cucumbers
in Yogurt Sauce)-   1.95

2nd Service
Roast Chicken w/ Pomegranate Sauce  6.99   Saffron Rice-  1.25  Carrots
Apicius .95     Garbage- 1.25

3rd Service
Roast Pork in Garlic Sauce-  7.99      Sauerkraut w/ Sour Cream and Butter
Sauce-  1.25  Dumplings-   1.95  Baked Apple- 1.50

The prices above are an extremely low estimate but 5 dollars sounds to me like
a real bargain for $28.93 dollars worth of gourmet delights! :-)

Ras