SC - Armored Turnips.. likes and dislikes.

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Tue Oct 13 17:56:10 PDT 1998

Armored turnips.. likes and dislikes.
Well, I had a number of people say to me they would never eat turnips and then
devour a huge plate full of the armored turnips. Now granted, I put so much cheese
in the dish... it was wonderfully gooey.  The turnips were roasted and sliced
thin.  Granted, they still tasted like turnips.  I did have a few converts out
there. (there were almost no turnips left at the end of the feast... pretty darn
good for a veggie dish here in Ansteorra).  But, I guess there are those that
detest turnips so much, there is no hiding them.  I can relate... i feel that way
about bell peppers (but don't have to worry about it at a feast.. at least I
shouldn't ~)

Meadhbh
Micaylah wrote:

> Turnips YEEEEEEAAAACK! One of my three "nightmare" vegetables. Cauliflower
> (in any form) <shudder> and Brocolli (it's ooookay raw). I have, very
> recently, discovered a fondness for fire roasted Butternut squash (I don't
> know what else geographically it may be called). Is there any handy
> documentation out there?
>
> Micaylah
>
> **********************************
>
> >Leanna wrote:
> >>      I would disagree with Meadhbh.  I don't particularly care for Armored
> >>      Turnips.  I had a taste of these turnips at Kingdom Dance & Music last
> >>      summer.  The lasting taste on my tongue almost ruined the flavor of
> >>      the wonderful bread they served.  Others who sat with me agree with
> >>      Meadhbh -  they loved the turnips.  I guess you love'm or hate'm.
> >
> >Do you dislike turnips in general or just in this dish?  I am
> >generally fond of turnip, so I'm sure I would love this dish, however
> >I am not certain it would make a convert out of a devout
> >turnip-hater.
> >
> >Claricia Nyetgale
> >
> >P.S.  For Adamantius, Stefan and anyone else who cares:  The cottage
> >roll (pork) was fabulous.  Dad would have been proud.  Thanks

> QUESTION: Where do the characters go when
> I use my backspace or delete them on my PC?

- --
ÿWPCT