Haggis and lamb tummies was Re: SC - More lamb

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Oct 13 15:49:47 PDT 1998

At 8:47 AM -0700 10/4/98, Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:
>Hi from Anne-Marie, resident ex-farmgirl and ruminent breeder :)
>Phlip asks:
>> > . I would appreciate recipes for blood sausage and black pudding,
>> > possibly a haggis, if someone can specify WHICH stomach, and any other
>> > parts not mentioned.
>> >

>any "ethnic" scottish cookbook will have a recipe for such things, as well
>as Robert May, etc if you want a period source.

To pick a nit, isn't May well through the 17th century?

There is a recipe for haggis in _Two Fifteenth Century Cookery Books_,
which I know I have posted to this list before.  If it isn't in Stefan's
Florigium, let me know and I can type it in again.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University