SC - Re: Period Feasts

Linda Carey licarey at com1.med.usf.edu
Wed Oct 14 06:43:10 PDT 1998

- --------------F070BBD5030348FE4145B7F6

Erin Kenny wrote:

> When I am researching for a feast I pick one specific time AND one
> specific place (like the 14th Century English feast I am working on
> right now that ALL comes out of Cury on Inglische).  That way you
> know that you are at least putting together foods that a given person
> could have eaten (in say, 14th C England), even if not all at the
> same meal.  The next step is to take a look at period menus and how
> they are put together so that you can try to organize your menu
> similarly, giving foods that a person could have eaten all at the
> same feast.

- --- Thank you, milady, but I have noticed that when I attend truly
"period" feasts, where the cook has researched and lists as period the
dishes served, that there are a lot of dishes that many people don't
find enjoyable!  I was looking for a way of taking the best tasting (to
our modern palates) dishes and incorporating them all into a truly great
tasting, while being mostly period, feast.   Is this possible?--
Seannach

- --------------F070BBD5030348FE4145B7F6

begin:          vcard
fn:             Linda Carey