SC - Re:

Wed Oct 14 07:04:39 PDT 1998

> > Brenna wrote:
> > >
> > > Do you think Arthur really had a "magic" sword?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > Adamantius
> >
> > Didn't he? Documentation, please.
> >
> > Ras
> >
> > IIRC, Nennius, Mallory, and Geoffrey of Monmouth all state he had a
> magical
> > sword.  Less knowledgeable archeologists seem to think otherwise.
> Historian
> > refrain from comment.
> >
> > Bear
> Okay, so you're all hopelessly mired in your own beliefs just as I am
> hopelessly
> mired in mine.  I'm a cynic and a realist.  Any questions?
>
> Brenna

The magic is part of the legend as is the longevity of Arthur's
rememberance.  Through history, there are individuals who rise above the
plebeian moment, becoming heros and lodestones for other people's dreams and
desires.  Occasionally they have a Homer or a Nennius or a Parson Weems to
make them epic and grant them a reality transcending corporeal existence.

Bear