SC - Re:

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Wed Oct 14 10:15:44 PDT 1998

Bear says:

>The magic is part of the legend as is the longevity of Arthur's
rememberance.  Through history, there are individuals who rise above the
plebeian moment, becoming heros and lodestones for other people's dreams
and desires.  Occasionally they have a Homer or a Nennius or a Parson Weems
to make them epic and grant them a reality transcending corporeal
existence.  <

I think most of us in SCA are looking for magic, the magic of the Dream we
all share. For some of us it's Court fol-de-rol, or learning a new skill,
or getting better at recreating our period, but I truly think that if we
can't find the magic, and the Dream, then we really have no business being
here. There's pleny of room in the mundane world for pedestrian activities
and ways of thinking- SCA is just a little space apart.

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches
Middle Kingdom