SC - Period Feasts

SigridPW at aol.com SigridPW at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 17:37:58 PDT 1998

<< By stating that it does not occur on my planet is not to
 infer that I am taking the royal WE on this stand and presumming to make
 this all of our opinion, just mine. Perhaps you read this wrong. I still say
 that if you tweak the recipe to accomodate modern palates then you're not
 recreating a middle ages feast then are you? You just cooking a meal.

Hear, hear!  Good food is good food.  Good period food is good period food.
These are NOT mutually exclusive concepts.  I'm in Caid, barony of Califia and
the people I cook with soundly agree.  There's not much point to putting out a
terrific period spread and serving coffee and chocolate ice cream for dessert.
Ya Know?
It takes away from the period cooking and wrecks the period ambience, IMHO.

Lady Madeleine de la Chatte Enfumee
Califia, Caid