SC - Period Feasts

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Oct 14 18:05:49 PDT 1998

SigridPW at aol.com wrote:

> Hear, hear!  Good food is good food.  Good period food is good period food.
> These are NOT mutually exclusive concepts.  I'm in Caid, barony of Califia and
> the people I cook with soundly agree.  There's not much point to putting out a
> terrific period spread and serving coffee and chocolate ice cream for dessert.
> Ya Know?
> It takes away from the period cooking and wrecks the period ambience, IMHO.
>
> Lady Madeleine de la Chatte Enfumee
> Califia, Caid

I'll go with most of that. Actually, though, I think the addition of tomto
paste to a sauce, or a dash of Worcestershire sauce to a dish, "because it
needs something", is far more insidious than coffee or even chocolate. The
latter two don't pretend to be what they're not.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com