wooden cutting boards was:Re: SC - Re: Feastware Question

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Fri Oct 16 07:43:54 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/16/98 5:21:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, acrouss at gte.net
writes:

<< Hi from AM
 Adamantius asks us about the report that wood is cleaner than other stuff.

 I actually saw this, it was in Science News, vol. 143. Sorry, dont have a
 date, that's all that's on the copy in our guild files.. The study reported
 that samples taken from cutting boards of various types showed that just
 below the surface of wooden cutting boards was actually lower than the
 counts from other types of boards, including plastic. >>

	I really *like* this notion, but I heard--third or forth hand--that this
study had been somehow invalidated or cast into question by later research.
Anyone have an up date on that tidbit?

		Ldy Diana