Tasting Dinners (was Re: SC - Re: Period Feasts)

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sat Oct 17 10:17:11 PDT 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie
Kat tells us...
> What I DON'T agree with (this is not directed at any specific person,
just a general complaint) is the common practice in my area of paying for
the tasting dinner **out of the feast budget.**

egads. you mean that some people use the feast budget to cover the costs of
reconstruction and pre-testing?

how...odd! Methinks our exchequer would have conniptions on that one! (he
wouldnt let us do a private dinner for their majesties with baronial funds,
due to the recent ruling by the BoD on "gifts", but then we're very
egalitarian about money around here :))

Weve had some kitchen heads that do the pre-test, one course at a time,
over several weeks to help dilute the impact on their pocketbook. It also
tends to mean that we often have very chicken heavy meals, ie you can test
it in small batches as opposed to buyig a huge hunk of lamb, whatever as a
trial run.

- --Anne-Marie