SC - Crawfish Recipe Request

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 19 14:14:11 PDT 1998

Cindy Renfrow wrote:

> There is also  a brief mention of crayfish in Le Menagier de Paris (Power,
> p. 272):
>
> "Crayfish cooked in water and wine and eaten with vinegar."

There's also a recipe for a meat tile of poultry or veal in Le Menagier, fried
meat braised in, or sauced with, I forget which offhand, a crayfish-flavored
almond-milk brewet, and garnished with the meat from the crayfish tails.

The above nota (re poaching and eating with vinegar) is more or less straight
from Taillevent. There's also a recipe for sauteed, stuffed crayfish in
Chiquart's Du Fait de Cuisine, involving taking the neat out of boiled
crayfish, chopping it with parsley and, I think, butter and vinegar, stuffing
it back into the shells and frying, stuffed side down, for a few minutes
before serving.

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --