SC - re: Tasting Dinners

Boogie boogie at softdisk.com
Mon Oct 19 18:19:53 PDT 1998

Okay, smartie.  Let's not open this can of worms again so soon.

In our defense,  we were incipient so we were learning everything.
Besides, we were taught there were three types of feasts:  period feasts
(recipes with documentation), period style feasts (few if any documented
but more or less like a period feast with some oop items), and "this is the
best we can do" feasts (let's not even go there).

The Meridian Feastocrat Guild's guidelines for feast:
Most Important: Is it safe to serve given the circumstances under which it
is being prepared.
Second Rule:	Will the populace enjoy eating it?
Third Rule:	Is it documentable?
The First Rule is an unbreakable one; no sense in breaking Second Rule.  It
takes time to get people who think all popcorn comes out of the mircowave
to consider many of the period items.  In my shire I do not think I will
ever get them to knowing eat a turnip.

I read many recipes on this list that I would love to try but living in
northwestern Louisiana I do not have the selection if ingredients that
other areas seem to have.  This has been one reason for the limited use of
oop items.  Cost is another reason, we serve a travelrs' fare on Firday
nite, two breakfasts, a lunch, and feast for $5.  Budget can be exceeded,
we can afford to.

The recipe is a simple one.  If you are truly interested in such an oop
recipe I'll send it to you privately as not to waste everyone time with it.