SC - Re: wooden cutting boards

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Thu Oct 22 01:06:15 PDT 1998

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Glenda Robinson wrote:

> Another (similar, but non-cookery) use of olive oil (sworn by in Roman
> times) was as a spermicide! Kills the little blighters stone dead,
> apparently.

I think the technical term for the outcome of this procedure is
"pregnancy". Lots of things are not ideal for spermatozoa, but if you
are going to use something as a contraceptive you need more than that.
Also, a search in Medline gave no hits indicating that any research had
been done on this effect.

/ulfR
(Who has written a thesis mainly on how the little blighters swim)

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                   parlei at algonet.se
http://www.algonet.se/~parlei
I think, therefore I parse regular expressions.