SC - RE: Louisana's Loose Liquour Laws

Fri Oct 23 04:06:55 PDT 1998

> Don't forget that we also have drive through Daiquiri shops here in
> Louisiana! (They place a small bit of tape over the straw hole to "seal"
> the container!?)

I heard about that when I came down for a conference in April and had
forgotten it.

> Also, Louisiana was the last state to raise he drinking age from 18 to 21;
> They only did that after the Federal govt. threatened to sue.
>
> Matheus De Troyes

Didn't the legislature drop it back to 18?  I vaguely remember a 60 Minutes
piece on that.

Many years ago, I took advantage of that age difference, driving from
Wiggins, Mississippi to Baton Rouge to stock up.  Wiggins, btw, is Stone
County, which was one of the two dry counties in Mississippi.

Bear