SC - To Leanna --OOP-- OT

Gedney, Jeff gedje01 at mail.cai.com
Fri Oct 23 08:09:18 PDT 1998

Homer says: <<mmmmm Meeeatt looaaafff!!!>>

Seriously, I never make a "boring" meat loaf.
"Common" foods do not have to be boring, if you think about it.

My meat loaf has lots of flavorings, with onions, basil, sun dried tomatoes,
rosemary, a slight splash of soy sauce, eggs, Italian style bread crumbs,
wine, and lots of roasted garlic, among others things (sometimes a peeled
hard boiled egg as a surprise!).

Fried chicken can have white and black peppercorns, cumin, paprika, and
cayenne, and sage in the flour used for dredging. The oil can be flavored
with garlic, or chives, or tarragon and sage before frying, too.

You can add a little zip to pot roast by using a dry marinade or caramelized
onions and carrots, and a splash of red wine. Or make Pot a Feu and just
call it "Pot Roast"

My fiancee says that she hates onions, but I have been giving her onions in
nearly every meal, and she asks for seconds!! (maybe I'll mention that to
her next time she says she hates onions!! -- usually I just smile to myself)

You can add interest to any meal, and bring your beloved over to "food
adventure" without his realizing it until too late!
Before they know it, they have been assimilated!!!

I like to use flavor in everything I cook, it is exciting, and the kids are
coming to like it.
(in fact, the kids' favorite meal is "Trash" - shredded leftover roast and
roast vegetables recombined in a ragout, and put over egg noodles. They also
like "junk", which is leftover Bolognese meat sauce, with frozen broccoli
mix, and lots of cheese, stirred and put on spaghetti)

Just some thoughts.

brandu