SC - pickled vegetables and fruits

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Oct 24 23:15:57 PDT 1998

Susan Browning asked:

>I was wondering specifically about what type of vegetables and fruits they
>might have pickled.

Looking through the pickled-food-msg file in my Florilegium, I find that
a number of the recipes don't seem to name specific vegetables. However,
I did find the following ones mentioned:

Lemons, oranges, raisins, pears, cabbage, walnuts, white radishes,
currants, carrots, turnips, mushrooms, onions, cucumbers, lentils, chard.

Many of these appear to be a mix of vegetables at once called compost
and not just a single vegetable at a time.

The file is:
pickled-food-msg  (60K)  9/21/98    Medieval pickled food. recipes.

And can be found with the rest of my files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net