SC - Sideboard

Dottie Elliott difirenze at usa.net
Tue Oct 27 16:24:28 PST 1998

Well, I would like to stay within a certain time period but that may not
be possible. I need finger foods and I am not sure I can do only finger
foods and stay within one period much less one place. Too, our cook's
guild has tried some marvelous things this year from Apicius, Platina,
several french texts and Sabrina Welser and I may want to show off what
we have been doing. I haven't decided yet.

While I realize dishes from a mixture of cultures and times would not
have been done in period, I haven't seen an all afternoon sideboard feast
of finger foods documented either and that is what the autocrat requires.
 I have done many feasts and kept all the foods in one time and place.
This sideboard feast is a different sort of challenge for me.

Clarissa