SC - meat days and fast days - MIXED?

Jeff Botkins jbotkins at ime.net
Wed Oct 28 12:57:12 PST 1998

I think the point (that I believe someone else made earlier), isn't that
"veggie" or meatless dishes are "offensive" but, rather, not indicative
of an Accurate typical Period Feast...
"Vegetarianism" is a rather modern contrivance...
I can see where some would want to make all sorts of modifications and
exceptions to be able to accomodate the non-meat eaters, but, one must
realize that in doing so, you are missing the "purpose" of a typical
Period feast...

Anyway, that's just my 2 pence...

Diarmait mac Tiernaich