SC - carpenter

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Thu Oct 29 08:11:10 PST 1998

Right on, Gunthar!  Beautiful save!

Berengaria
****

> >Uh...I amy be slightly dense here but what point are you trying to
> >make
> >regarding  period cookery?
> >
> >Ras
> Only a cook knows how to build a proper kitchen!?!
> beatrix

Okay folks, you want the answer to the parable?

Let's put it in Cooks format, shall we?

You are totally burned out because you've been doing feasts, teaching
classes and just capped the Kingdom A&S with your fully documented, six
course Roman dinner featuring your homemade wines.

Now your Seneschal and Laurel comes and asks you to cook the Shire's
12th Night Feast because the Crown is actually going to be in
attendance.
Well you're a bit put-off because they should know how tired and
burnt-out
you are but you just CAN'T say "No" so you do it. Grumbling the entire
time.

You do some half-assed research and just grab the first recipes that
come
into your hands. You don't really care if it's period or not and don't
even
really look to see what the kitchen's like until a week before the
event.

You wind up doing most of the work because you didn't recruit kitchen
help,
burn the chickens because you were busy trying to decorate the platters
and the groovy non-period chocolate souffle' you'd planned on fell. But
who
cares, you didn't want to do this feast anyway.

The usual time comes for the Cook to be called out in Court so you don't
even change out of that nasty apron you've been wearing all day. Only to
see when you walk out that all of the Laurel's are standing around the
Thrones
and looking expectantly at you. Isn't that a wonderful work to be
remembered
when you get your Laurel in Cookery?

I found the story appropriate.

Yers,