SC - veggans and boors

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Thu Oct 29 09:50:27 PST 1998

Page wrote:

    I am not saying that a feastacrat should cater to a leaf eater but
by chance add a little more veggie dishes.  I know however that a
feastacrat will create, mold and display there fines skill with the
dishes of there choice.  There feat will gleefully be enjoyed by all.
What I am disturbed about is the constant berating of the vegetarians as
bullys, picky eater, ect.  when their life choice is simply not to be a
flesh eater. <snip>
Still, it is truly unfair to classify Vegan as
anything but a life choice and MAYBE be a little bit more sympathetic to
serving veggie dishes.

*****
Ladies and gentlemen,

I'm not saying that I have a problem with vegetarians making that life
choice.  And I -do- ALWAYS serve a number of vegetarian (although not
vegan) dishes at my feasts.

What I'm saying is that I have had more hassle and rude behavior from
vegetarians who -expect- rather than -ask- me to accomodate their life
choice than I have had from any other source - including kings and royal
chamberlains!

I'll play nice with anyone who wants to play nice.  I just tend to cringe
when I see the vegetarian crew come into my kitchen 'cause past experience
has set me up for a rude and emotional confrontation.

Not that I don't know some wonderful vegetarians!  Baron Tibor tops the
list with Duchess Caterina de Forza and Master Demetrios Bibliophilos
right behind.  But you know, the vegetarian diners who help redeem the
whole groups reputation are the ones who you -don't- see in the kitchen as
the feast is being served making a scene about what they can and cannot
eat - and why we should be doing more to accomodate their lifestyle.

Elaina