SC - meat days and fast days - MIXED?

Thu Oct 29 13:31:24 PST 1998

> > While I don't go out of my way to cater to special needs, I try to make
> sure
> > they are addressed as part of the meal.
> >
> > Bear
>
> And wouldn't it be nice, she fantasized, if now and then someone said
> "thank you" instead of "why don't you do more?"
>
> Silly Elaina

Occasionally, they do.  At populace meeting, my Baron commented at length
about the chicken I had served him at feast.  It was hot.  It was done.  It
was tender.  It tasted good.  It was utterly unlike the
rubber/raw/undercooked/cold/hockey puck chicken he had suffered elsewhere.
He was a little effusive, but I appreciate the gesture.

The other thanks I get are groans of suffering, accompanied by, "I can't eat
any more."

It would be nice to have a few more thank yous and it would be in keeping
with the courtesy the SCA is supposed to engender.  I don't think you will
see it.  Cooking is a common thing.  People see it everyday and simply
ignore it.  If it is done well, people enjoy it, the cook and the servers
get their round of applause at court, and the continuing artistry and effort
often go unrecognized.

Bear