Encampment cooking - (was Re: SC - Nobility and Feasts)

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sat Oct 31 15:11:41 PST 1998

Ras said...
>Then it is household cookery you were referring to? There is a vast difference
>between feasts and everyday cookery. Household cookery was most likely managed
>in the way you describe just as it is now. I use an eclectic mix of both
>period and modern food and techniques in an encampment situation also. For the
>most part I do it because I like to do it but if anyone complained about not
>having pizza or other bizaare modern food in the camp, I wouldn't heasitate to
>ask them to find another cook. :-)

My sentiments exactly.  As I've said before, I do a 5 day camping food group
annually and I try to be as period as possible. There are, however,
liberties I take just to ease the saner side of my brain.

I still take the time to publicize the menu way, have it posted on site and
still list all ingredients. It is a courtesy and sinse these are, for the
most part, my friends, I would really hate it for someone to anticipate one
thing only find out at the site that they have to go out for pizza for every
meal.

Micaylah