SC - OT - RE: SC-Apeciam Ham--Pernam

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Oct 1 16:31:54 PDT 1998

LHG, JRG wrote:

> Adamantius and all---
>
> Come to think of it, yes, we've been Vehling'd again. I was given a gift of
> that source lo those many years ago. Humph.

Hmmm, I wonder when future archaeologists unearth whatever hard drive this all
is sittting on, if they will comprehend what we're talking about. I'd be
surprised if all record of the meaning of being "Gates'd" vanishes, but what
will they think of the concept of being "Vehling'd"? Hmmm. By extension, will
they assume it is trouble caused by an incompetent cookbook author who has
tried to muscle others who have produced a better product into extinction?
Maybe not so far off after all... .

> And, I was thinking more of Hadrian as being rather humorless. 'Course,
> that wall IS a rather colossal joke......

Yeah, but not as funny as my all-time favorite bit of comical architecture,
the Maginot Line! In both cases some guys said, "Hey, let's just go around
this stupid thing!" It just took a bit longer in the case of Hadrian's Wall.

> BTW Adamantius HAS eaten at my table. I had fewer children then, and fewer
> grey hairs. Too bad I didn't know you when Dyfan brought you in to check
> out the mystery machine. We never did figure that out! I recall he liked
> the sauce galantine and the eggplant.

Yes, and there were lamb shanks and life was good! But that machine really
_did_ look like a bidet for giant robots!

> Those were the days......

Ja, ja, ja, ja...or equivalent, as Adamantius, Aoife, and various others crowd
around the uisgebaugh cask. Edith Piaf need not apply...well, not right away,
anyway. But if Billie Holliday shows up send her right in, OK?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com