SC - Ideas for Girl Scout Demo feast?

Caitlin Cheannlaidir caitlin at phosphor-ink.com
Thu Oct 1 19:40:44 PDT 1998

At 10:04 PM 10/1/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Now, I need to come up with a menu.  I've done several Children's Feasts
>in the past as part of a normal SCA event, usually something like
>roasted chicken, rice, salad, etc.  However, this feast needs to be more
>representative of what us grown-ups eat at events, without being too
>"weird" for their palates.
>
>There will be approximately 155 girl scouts {ages 6-12} and leaders,
>plus about 20 SCAdians to feed.

As a long-time scout myself, I'd urge you not to "dumb it down" for them.
Girl Scouts in general are rather adventurous eaters, especially at camp,
where you can count on them being hungry.  I've known them to eat
everything up to and including chocolate-covered ants.

- --Caitlin Cheannlaidir
  caitlin at phosphor-ink.com
  http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/7249

	Interested in making glass beads?
	To join the SCA-Glassworker's List, send "subscribe" as the text of a
	message to <compagnia-request at phosphor-ink.com>