SC - More lamb-Black Pudding

bagbane at ix2.ix.netcom.com bagbane at ix2.ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 4 07:55:21 PDT 1998

>From 'Dighby'

Take a quart of sheeps blood, and a quart of cream; ten eggs , the
yolks and the whites beaten well together: stir all this liquor very
well then thicken it with grated bread, and oatmeal finely beaten, of
each a like quantity; beef suet finely shread and marrow in little
lumps, season it with a little nutmeg and cloves and mace mingled
with salt, a little sweet-marjoram, Thyme and penny-royal shred very
well together and mingle them with the other things. Some put in a
few currents, then fill them in cleanfed guts, and boil them
carefully.
I do realize that the book I got this from is out of period. This is
the earliest black pudding recipie I could find.

Badger