SC - wierd food / girl scouts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Oct 4 20:26:40 PDT 1998

Charles Ragnar commented:

>My big surprise is leeks - cut into straws (more or less) and cooked in
>wine and salt. People seem to be able to consume infinite quantities of
>them, but when I first made them I thought people might try them once,
>and a few people might like them.

Hmm. This isn't like anything I've heard of. Might be interesting. These
are boiled, right? How long> Do these end up like noodles? Red or white
wine? How much salt? While something salty like potato chips might be
nice, this doesn't sound like that. Are these a snack food? or more
like boiled potatoes?

Do you have a medieval recipe for this? A redaction?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net