SC - cookbooks, persona info

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Oct 4 22:51:24 PDT 1998

Charlena asked:

    I am from the Barony of the Bridge and a newcomer to this list.
This list was recommended to when I inquired about guilds.  I have been
an avid cook since I was younger and I went to school for a degree in
Culinary and food marketing. Although, I have just started researching
medieval to extent.  I need more cookbooks. *l*  Let's just put it this
way....I LOVE FOOD!!!! :)

Charlena ( looking for an SCA name)

- --------------------

You might be interested in these cookbook reviews in the FOOD section of
my Stefan's Florilegium:
cookbooks-bib     (32K)  4/21/97    Cookbook bibliography by Jaelle of Armida.
cookbooks2-bib    (14K) 10/ 3/97    Cookbook bibliography by Stephen Bloch.
cookbooks-msg    (126K) 12/ 9/96    Reviews of cookbooks with medieval recipes.
cookbooks-SCA-msg (12K)  5/29/98    Cookbooks written by people in the SCA.
cooking-bib       (14K)  1/24/95    Bibliography on cooking sources.

I've almost doubled the size of the cookbooks-msg file, but haven't put it on
the website yet. Let me know and I'll send it by email if you wish.

You might also be interested in some of the files with recipes in that
section also, or the ones on various SCA feasts in the FEASTS section.

For info on personas, take a look at these files in the PERSONA section:
persona-art       (14K) 11/12/96    An article on persona by Duke Cariadoc.
persona-msg       (68K) 12/ 5/96    Persona development.
personas-msg      (95K)  8/ 8/94    Persona examples.

For specific info on names and names sources check the PERSONA section, the
Nicolaa;s articles section and the NEWCOMERS section.

You might also find some of the files in the NEWCOMERS section a good
introduction to the SCA.

My files are at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Lord Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
stefan at texas.net