SC - Re: FAQ's for newbies

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Oct 5 20:57:20 PDT 1998

Helen asked:

>        As a newbie to the list:  Maybe you'll should do a FAQ page for the
>newbies.  Mail that link out with the welcome letter.  On that page
>compile the links and "beginner" cookbooks list and define some terms
>and OOP's, etc

I've just recently added this file to my Florilegium:
cb-novices-msg     (9K)  9/17/98    Cookbooks for those new to medieval cooking.

This one would also be good for novices:
cookbooks-SCA-msg (12K)  5/29/98    Cookbooks written by people in the SCA.

>and list it in the search engines.

A number of mailing lists are included in the Rialto-FAQ file, although my
copy is usual a little behind the monthly one posted on the Rialto:

SCA-Rialto-FAQ    (56K)  6/26/98    SCA FAQ list from the Rialto (rec.org.sca).

I also have been collecting message on various maillists announced on the
Rialto and elsewhere. Sometime in the future I will make a file of this.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net