SC - Apple cider

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Oct 6 03:22:46 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/5/98 9:49:44 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

>  Is there a particular reason you clove the onion rather than just dropping
>  the cloves in the cider? Why not cut the onion up into chunks? Or are you
>  wanting to serve the onion whole? I would think cutting up the onion would
>  yield up more onion flavor.
>
>  And a small point, the term is cloved, not cloven. Cloven means divided,
>  like hooves.
>
>  I think I will try this recipe soon, but not on my smithfield ham.

Sticking the little cloves in the onion means you don't have to strain the
sauce later.
I heard a poem, long ago, when I was in high school, that I should have
remembered.  It was a huge play on words.  All I can remember now is "She'd
promise to cleave, and she's cloven."

Mordonna DuBois
Haven of Warriors
Atenveldt