SC - RE: Cilantro sca-cooks V1 #984

Knott, Deanna Deanna.Knott at GSC.GTE.Com
Tue Oct 6 04:44:25 PDT 1998

Greetings!

In an earlier post, Lord Ras discussed the period-ness of cilantro and
whether or not the barbarians in the North used it.  While my books are at
home, I can say, as one of those Northern Barbarians, that we did use
coriander, which is the seed of cilantro.  I can get you a recipe for pork
in coriander sauce if you like.

One thing that I was surprised (and I don't know why) to find period was
cumin.  Over the past few months, cumin and mace have become my favorite 2
new spices.

Yours,
Avelina Keyes
Barony of the Bridge