SC - Pomegranite Chicken

Linda Peterson mirhaxa at swcp.com
Wed Oct 7 08:56:17 PDT 1998

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:
> hi all from Anne-Marie
> Ras suggests using grenadine for pomegranite molasses.
> I dunno....that stuff is WAY sweeter than the pomegranite molasses I get at
> the middle eastern grocery. Tho I suppose I shouldnt condemn it right out
> of hand...someone might really like their chicken that sweet. Me, I like
> the dusty sour taste that the more pomegranity (?) molasses gives me.

I think we are looking at two rather different items here. All the the
pomegranite syrups I've gotten are pretty much indistiguishable from a
good quality grenadine. Pomegranite "molasses" is different in color,
texture, sweetness and flavor and definately not substitutable by
grenadine. However, the Pomegranite Chicken recipes specified "syrup".
Was that incorrect?

Certainly acceptable sweetness is in the mind of the taster. I once, while
fending off knee-grabbing child persons, grabbed the wrong green glass
wine bottle off the shelf and poured about two cups of sekanjabin on a pot
roast. It wasn't bad, kinda weird maybe, but not bad.

Mirhaxa
  mirhaxa at swcp.com