SC - RE: dictionary

Weiszbrod, Barbara A Barbara.Weiszbrod at SW.Boeing.com
Wed Oct 7 09:09:41 PDT 1998

> Besides, I love running to the dictionary, doesn't everyone?

>>Apparently not my children.  I keep about eight different dictionaries
around
>>the house.  Right on  my computer desk there is a Random House
>>Dictionary. But my daughters have never opened it to my knowledge.
>>Instead it has been "Mom, how do you spell 'dog' ?" for over thirty
years

Oh, I never use it for spelling!  I don't understand how you are
supposed to go look something up to see how it is spelled when the
dictionary is organized by the spelling.  In the fourth grade I spent an
hour trying to find one word, I looked at every work in the "w" section
and never found the word "once" (think about it, we say it as if it
begins with a "w", at  least we did in Boston).

Alys.