SC - OOP: Need help cooking dinner tonight

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 9 08:37:02 PDT 1998

Erin Kenny wrote:

> Ok, this is way off topic and out of period but:
>
> Tonight I'm going home to my mother's house for the first time since
> my Dad died (2 weeks ago today).  Mom doesn't know how to cook (Dad
> did all of the cooking) and my sisters don't get much beyond Kraft
> Dinner, so the cooking is up to me.

First of all, please accept my condolences on your dad's passing.

  That's ok except for one thing:

> They want me to cook a cottage roll.  Dad used to always cook it for
> me when I came home for the weekend because I really liked it, but he
> never let me help and never told me how to cook it.  I know part of
> it involved boiling, and in the end there was something to do with
> pineapple.  Can anyone help?

Can you describe this alleged cottage roll ;  )  ? From the context I'm
envisioning a boneless cured pork shoulder butt, something like a smoked pork
tenderloin. Am I anywhere near right about this?

If I knew for sure what a cottage roll was I'd be happy to talk nuts and bolts
before I have to leave...

> Claricia
>  who hopes she can keep it together while cooking the special dish
> Daddy always made just for her

Adamantius, whose own late Dad's specialty was really stinky jokes
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com