SC - Decline in members signing up for feast.... Opinions?

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Oct 9 09:03:25 PDT 1998

> From sca-cooks-owner at bastion.globeset.com Fri Oct  9 10:57:21 1998
> From: "Anne-Marie Rousseau" <acrouss at gte.net>
> To: <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
> Subject: Re: SC - Decline in members signing up for feast.... Opinions?
> Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 08:22:22 -0700
> A third thing might be that your demographics are changing...used to be
> we'd go to a feast to be entertained. Kinda like dinner theater. Now we
> want to sit and eat food and talk to our friends. If the feast makes us be
> quiet to listen to some entertainment, we're more likely to go to the
> nearby IHOP so we CAN talk to our friends. I dunno if this is the case in
> your neck of the woods, of course!
>
> Does this help at all? hope so...
> --AM

Nice call AM. I have noticed that whenever dinner is stopped because we all
are forced to "enjoy" some bardic or somesuch people tend to get surly.
On the other hand I have see some wonderful feast entertainment. One notable
was a three-act play of "The Lion in Winter" and feast served between acts.
Wonderful! But generally I like background music and such and conversation.
Plus watching the hijinks of various Peers often messing with the Royalty
is dinner entertainment in itself.

Yers,

Gunthar