SC - Feasts--Supply v. Demand

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Fri Oct 9 10:00:38 PDT 1998

     I'm fairly new to the SCA, so I don't know about trends.  I do,
however, have an opinion about event feasts.  I like to let someone else
cook, so I usually attend feasts when I can.  Several times, I have been
too late to purchase feast.  Perhaps there has been growth in the number
of attendees at events, without a subsequent increase in the number of
feast     reservations.  I've also noticed that some feastocrats are
more popular than others, and older SCAdians are more than happy to tell
me why one   'crat is more popular than another.  I usually bring my own
food to events, just in case.  Leanna of Sparrowhaven, Mooneschadowe,
Ansteorra

	One contributing factor in many areas, mine included,
	is the size of the sites available.  If you get halls
	that are quite large, quite often they're also in
	high demand, have high prices, or have prohibitive
	conditions on the use of their kitchen.

	It's not always a factor of trying to keep people
	away.  Sometimes the costs really *are* that high.

Berengaria