SC - Recipe Help!

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Fri Oct 9 14:20:06 PDT 1998

I am trying to recreat this almond cake thing i have gotten
at several events. I wandered about n the web looking, and
found something with :
5 eggs
1/2 c butter
2 c almond flour
1 ts baking powder
1 ts each lemon and vanilla extracts

I made it, but it isn't particularly solid, and coarse
grained like the cake is supposed to be. I made it next with
1 less egg, same problem, and then with 1 egg less and 1 cup
flour, same problem. Without wasting any more almonds
[though I might try it with ground walnuts next] does
anybody know the blasted cakes I am trying to recreate and
do they have a recipe for the &^*%!~ things?
The above recipe would be great as a pie crust or tart
filling, but that is not what I want to do with it.
margali
muttering and frustrated, I am going to go and chip out a
new room in my rock.