SC - Decline in members signing up for feast.... Opinions?

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Oct 9 17:14:33 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/9/98 4:41:23 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
meadhbh at io.com writes:

> Just wanted to
>  know if any of you have seen this happening.  And if so, what reasons
>  have people given.  Just curious.

I'll tell you why the members of our House have decided to not eat on board
until we go to a feast served by a different staff.  At coronation a year ago,
we had all paid in advance for the feast.  When we entered the Hall, our
reservations were confirmed.  We all had the favors indicating that we had
paid.  Due to the late arrival of some out-of-town Royalty, there was a lack
of enough seating.  One of our number happened to have a camp table, which we
set up, and because we were not seated in the on-board seating area, the
servers mostly ignored us.
Our Lord complained vociferously to the entire serving staff, when that didn't
get results, he spoke with the autocrat, still no results.  He was overheard
by his Baron, who then offered to serve us himself, at which declaration, we
received service.  If this had been the only instance of this, I in particular
would not have allowed it to carry such weight, but such things seem to happen
more often to our Household than to any two other Houses.  We are small, new,
and growing; we have no royalty in the House,yet.  But treating relative
newcomers like that is no way to invite participation.

Mordonna DuBois
Haven of Warriors
Atenveldt
Atenveldt