SC - RE: SC-Decline in members signing up for feast.... Opinions?

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Sun Oct 11 07:30:58 PDT 1998

> This produces a phenomenom where events  run approx $18 - 22.00 per adult.
> If you want cabin space, it's even more! Prices for children tend to be
> only somewhat less.

Maybe I'm just not used to this type of pricing.  Here in Marinus, an event
(even with camping) rarely costs more than $14 per person.  In addition, if
you're not camping (with 4 and 1 year old children, I usually daytrip), the cost
to me is usually $8 to $12 per event.  We have the tradition here that all
children under 5 are the guests of the Barony and all children 5-12 are half the
adult cost.  (These prices, BTW, are INCLUDING feast.)  Without the feast, I
would only have to pay $6 to $9 of that original cost.  The children under 5 eat
feast for free with their feasting parents, too.  This type of pricing is
completely alien to me.  Even with a hall cost of $450 for the feast I'm doing
in Dec, the prospected fee per adult is only $10 (and there is no such thing as
off-board for this event).  In addition, our events usually include an open
lunch board for all (on or off board) for free.  Occasionally, a steward will
chose to do a pay lunch as a fundraiser, but this is highly irregular.  I know
our site fees usually run between $90 (for a small 75 person site) to $475 for a
site that houses several hundred and usually feasts 150-200 to $550 for that
same site with the 350-400 that travel for coronations here.  Are the site fees
out west so much higher???  I know that friends in An Tir have told me that 2000
at Coronation is usual.  Is the site fee more than $2700 for the site to hold
it???  Sorry, but I'm an Exchequer, so this is of interest to me.  I just don't
see what makes events here cost so much less than I'm hearing quoted.

Confused,
Brenna
Barony of Marinus
Kingdom of Atlantia