SC - OOP-bad canned goods

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 1 14:10:08 PDT 1998

>You should never use any can that has a bulge in it. Same goes for rusted
>ones.
>
>At 03:04 8/29/98 EDT, you wrote:
>
>>Depends on the bacteria, and the kind of canning lid, but in general, yes.
>>Never use a home canned product if the unopened lid is popped up.
>>
>>Mordonna

Has anyone noticed more cans of tomatoes they buy in the store bulging and
going bad?  I think I've had about 6 or 8 go bad in the last year.  No, I
don't put them in a hot place, they aren't the same brand either.

It is starting to be quite disturbing to me, considering in all the years
we were eating my mothers home canned goods, I think she had one or two
cans have the lid seals not take, and neither one of those was tomatoes.  I
have been either returning them to the store, just throwing them out, or
calling the company and telling them about it.

	Angeline